CHROME CERAMIC (1 QUART) ~ HIGH TEMPERATURE EXHAUST SYSTEM COATING.
- WILL WITHSTAND TEMPERATURES UP TO 1600F.
- 1 YR SHELF LIFE.
INSTRUCTIONS ON USE:
- Follow normal ceramic prep procedures.
- Prior to spraying blast with Black Beauty, Aluminum Oxide, or sand for prep (DO NOT USE GLASS BEAD).
- Wipe down thoroughly with acetone or MEK only and let evaporate completely. Do not use chemical degreasers/phosphatizers.
- Place in oven at 450F for 1 hr, remove and let cool.
- Apply coating with airbrush or .6-.8mm tip touch up gun. This should be done at 55-60 lbs of air pressure.
- Let parts fully air dry, time depends on temperature and humidity. Parts must be fully dried before going into oven.
- Place part into oven at 175F for 20 minutes. While part is still in oven cure at 500-700F for 1 hour.
- Only on the chrome do you need to polish after fully cured. This is how you achieve the reflective chrome appearance. Use fine steel wool or 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper. A final polish with a buffing wheel, 1200 grit sandpaper, polishing compound, or glass beading at 25-30 PSI will bring out an even brighter finish. DO NOT USE SCOTCH-BRIGHT OR SIMILAR MATERIAL.
*NOTE: PLEASE CHOOSE UPS AS SHIPPING METHOD. WE CANNOT SHIP USPS ON CHEMICALS.