HIGH HEAT CERAMIC CHROME (1/2 PINT) ~ GOOD FOR TEMPERATURES UP TO 1600F (GAS ENGINES) ~ SHELF LIFE = 1 YEAR
INSTRUCTIONS ON USE
1. Follow normal ceramic prep procedures.
2. Prior to spraying blast with Black Beauty, Aluminum Oxide, or sand for prep (DO NOT USE GLASS BEAD).
3. Wipe down thoroughly with acetone or MEK only and let evaporate completely. Do not use chemical degreasers/phosphatizers.
4. Place in oven at 450F for 1 hr, remove and let cool.
5. Apply coating with airbrush or .6-.8mm tip touch up gun. This should be done at 55-60 lbs of air pressure.
6. Let parts fully air dry, time depends on temperature and humidity. Parts must be fully dried before going into oven.
7. Place part into oven at 175F for 20 minutes. While part is still in oven cure at 500-700F for 1 hour.
8. Only on the chrome do you need to polish after fully cured. This is how you achieve the reflective chrome appearance. Use fine steel wool or 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper. A final polish with a buffing wheel, 1200 grit sandpaper, polishing compound, or glass beading at 25-30 PSI will bring out an even brighter finish. DO NOT USE SCOTCH-BRIGHT OR SIMILAR MATERIAL