Develop your skill with a complete, hands-on powder coating experience in a small group setting at our industrial shop with advanced lab time. With a comprehensive manual and individual attention in our fully functional and clean powder coating shop, you will learn the process, tips and tricks, spraying technique, and troubleshooting skills to prep, spray and cure like a professional and manage your successful and profitable powder coating shop.
You will be contacted to set the date of your class. Please have a few options available options for dates. All dates are first come/ first serve, with limited seating for each class.
The 4-day training includes Powder Tech 101 with the following training:
- Different powder types
- Powder curing
- Equipment setup and variations
- Powder spraying and alternate application
- Second coating tricks
- Third coat, fourth coat, and possibilities for more
- Hot spraying "flocking"
Learn how to prepare part substrates, including
- Chemical stripping
- Media blasting (sand blasting)
- Conversion coatings such as iron phosphate
- MEK, Acetone, denatured alcohol
- Final prep
Hands on instruction on how to use
- Powder coating controllers (settings, set-up, and variations in use)
- Powder preparation, storage and preservation
- Pressure hoppers, fluidizing hoppers, vibrating hoppers
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment
Learn to avoid and correct
- Back ionization
- Out gassing
The advanced 4-day training also includes:
Creative Powder Applications
- Liquid-2-powder products
- Curing tricks for multiple coats
- Taping and masking
- Creative powder blending
- Creative powder application
PLUS, bring your own parts day 4 to practice in the classroom with your instructor for guidance, and take home a finished piece!
- Work with our free sample powders on your part
- Get a classroom discount on powders for use in training
- Practice more of what you need to learn
- Get valuable instructor feedback and help with your technique and parts
A non-refundable deposit of half the complete class cost is required at the time of scheduling training. Your deposit will secure your seat for all training classes scheduled. Changes in schedule are managed on a case-by-case basis. Please give advance notice whenever possible of a change in your schedule. All efforts wll be made to reschedule your reserved class time in case of emergency.